We’ve had several requests asking for a way for payroll administrators and leave admins to record leave in bulk and we’re delighted to let you know that this feature is now here! This means that there are now 3 ways for leave to be captured on the system:
- Employees can request leave via self-service or our mobile app which then gets captured once approved by a leave approver.
- Payroll administrators and leave admins can record leave for individual employees via an employee’s profile.
- Payroll administrators and leave admins can download an Excel file, complete it with the relevant leave days and upload the file into SimplePay.
For more information on how to use this new feature, head to our help page.
We’re continuing our mission to revolutionise payroll, and in the process make SimplePay the preferred payroll software provider for small and medium sized businesses. We hope that with the additional method for recording leave, every user now has an option that meets their needs.
If you have any queries on how to use the system or any suggestions on how we can better serve your needs, please reach out to us.
Happy new year! We hope that 2021 brings you new opportunities, improved performance and overall success in all your endeavours. As always, we’ll support you with an efficient and effective payroll system. We’re kicking off the new year with a brand new feature – you can now assign leave policies to employees in bulk.
SimplePay’s leave functionality allows you to set a company default leave policy for all employees that are added to the system. You can then assign a different leave policy to employees if they are not on the default policy. Being able to assign leave policies now in bulk saves you time if you have many employees who are not on the company default policy. It is also useful for companies who do not have a single company default policy, but rather separate policies per pay point or pay frequency.
Once you have created your leave policies, you can assign them in bulk as follows:
- Go to Employees > Bulk Actions
- Click on Entitlement Policies under the Leave heading
- Use the filters to select only those employees that are part of a specific pay point or pay frequency
- Use the drop-down menus to allocate the leave policies for each leave type for each employee on the page. If all employees on the page are on the same policy, use the Copy first value down option to save you time.
- Click Save
It’s as simple as that. For more information on leave management and bulk leave actions, refer to the following pages: